A user means every person who surfs the www.arquitecturadellibro.com website, from hereon, simply the website.
Editor means the owner of this website, “Arquitectura del Libro”, is identified in the legal notice.
Definition and function of cookies
Cookies are information which is stored in a user’s browser of a website so that previous activity can be consulted, as well as remember certain dates for a future visit. Their use is widespread and has been for many years.
They usually store details of a technical nature, statistics of use, links to social networks, administration of personal preferences among others, so that they can adapt the website to the needs and configurations of the user, improving browser experience, not accepting them could hinder the service which the website wants to offer.
They are not viruses, spam, Trojans, worms, spyware or advertising whether static on the page or in pop-up version.
For more information, deleting or eliminating cookies you can see this link.
Cookies used on this website
In compliance with the regulation established by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, the user is informed that this website uses the following cookies: technical, customization, analysis, in the following way:
- Own cookies:
- Session cookies or user input: related to your activity on the website, these cookies are used to register what has been filled in on forms, or solving a test to determine whether the user is human, and so avoid spam or unauthorized automated applications. They are used for example, to write comments on a blog, store products in a trolley, see a personalized client area.
- User safety cookies: to avoid wrong connection attempts to the website.
- Customization cookies of user interface
- Plug-in cookies to exchange social content
- Third party cookies:
- Google Analytics: Google, through their Analytics service, cookies are stored to have the necessary information to generate information on traffic statistics and the volume of visits to the website. By surfing and using the website the user accepts these cookies and their treatment. To exercise any related rights you must communicate with Google directly.
- Social networks: This website is connected to some social networks like Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, among others, which are expressly indicated in the website, and each social network indicated in the website is responsible for the cookies installed in the user’s browser.
Deleting or eliminating cookies
The editor is not responsible for any technical faults the user may find in the website or his/her browser due to incorrectly deleting or eliminating cookies. The user must, at all times verify the information on deleting or eliminating cookies in the help section of the corresponding browser. The user assumes responsibility for eliminating or deleting cookies from his/her browser, thus assumes the consequences arising from this.
At no time does the editor create cookies, as these files are preconfigured in the users’ browser, plugin, used just like necessary editing tools and used for creating the website.
If the user eliminates cookies and wants to surf this website again, he/she must also accept the cookies again.
With Google Analytics cookies, data collected by this company is anonymous, and cookies are stored in servers located in the USA which do not save the IP address or personal data at any time, and do not share the information with third parties except when required by law. Google Inc. has signed the Safe Harbour Agreement, guaranteeing that information transferred is treated with the level of protection required by European standards. If users want more information on cookies collected by Google Analytics you can visit this page https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=es&csw=1
Users can at all times contact the editor by email on email@example.com.
More information on cookies
In this section, purely for informative on the definition of cookies, editor means the person in charge of programming the contents of a website and user is all those who surf a website, both of these are in a general sense and not for just www.arquitecturadellibro.com.
Information stored by cookies
Information stored refers to the browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.), and not the user, to confirm this you can enter the website domain and verify in two different browsers which can configure different preferences in each one.
Types of cookies
This is a guide on the sue of cookies at the Spanish Data Protection Agency http://www.agpd.es/portalwebAGPD/canaldocumentacion/publicaciones/common/Guias/Guia_Cookies.pdf
- According to the organization managing them
- Own cookies: Are those which are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain, managed by the director him/herself and from where the service requested by the user is offered.
- Third party cookies: Are those which are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain not managed by the editor, but by another organization which treats data obtained by cookies.
If cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor him/herself but the information collected is managed by a third party then these cannot be considered as own cookies.
- According to the amount of time they are activated on a computer
- Session cookies: Are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data when the user enters a web page. They are usually used to store information which is only for the duration of the service requested by the user on one occasion (i.e. a list of products acquired).
- Persistent cookies: Are a type of cookie where information continues to be stored on a computer and can be accessed and dealt with for a certain period of time by whoever is responsible for the cookie, which could vary from a few minutes to various years.
- Depending on the purpose of the data obtained through cookies, we can make a distinction between:
- Technical cookies: Are those which allow the user to surf a web page, platform or application and use different options or services which exist there, for example: control traffic and data communication, identify a session, access parts with restricted Access, remember elements included in an order, make a purchase from an order, apply for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while surfing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Cookies for customizing: These allow the user to access a service with some general predefined features in accordance with a set of criteria in the user’s computer, for example the language, type of browser for accessing the service, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These allow those responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the user on the websites which are linked. Information collected by this type of cookie is used to measure the activity on websites, applications and platforms and to create browser profiles of users for said sites, applications and platforms, so that improvements can be made regarding the analysis of data for the use made by users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These allow more effective management of advertising space, which when applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from where the service is offered, regarding criteria like the edited content or the frequency with which adverts are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These allow advertising space to be managed in the most efficient way, which when applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from where the service is offered. These cookies store behavioural information on users obtained from continued observation of their surfing habits, which means that based on this a specific profile for showing advertising can be developed.
Consequences of deleting cookies
- Products chosen in a shop do not upload, so that a shopping cart is not created, preventing the chance to finish purchasing a desired product
- It is not possible to access the client area, personal area or any other which requires confirmation
- Necessary data cannot be gathered for analyzing a website, preventing the editor from knowing how to improve it
- It is not possible to share the contents of a website on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, among others
- It is not possible to make comments on the blog
- It is not possible to show third party advertising, reducing the income for those using this method
- Browsing on specific websites could be considered as spam as the user cannot be identified
- Various. This list is merely illustrative and not limited
Deleting and blocking cookies
The user can delete and/or block cookies, for all browsing or for one specific website. This configuration must be carried out in each browser, if it is only done in one browser and not the others on the same device, then it is assumed that cookies are accepted on the other sites. The editor cannot carry out this action for the user, the user must do this in a responsible, specific way for each browser and/or device required.
As each browser has different configurations, the user should go to the help section of each one to see each specific case. In this section the most common ways are mentioned, however, due to browser or operative system updates which are used, these could vary. The user should always check the user manual for his/her browser, this is only a guideline.
- Chrome: Go to Menu – Configuration (in Mac: Preferences) – Advanced Settings – Privacy – Here choose whether to configure cookies or delete existing cookies. For more information you can visit the Chrome help centre. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114836?visit_id=1-636248539770053464-292487494&p=settings_privacy&rd=1
- Internet Explorer: Go to Tools – Internet Option – Privacy – Privacy – Configuration – Advanced options. Configure as required. For more information you can visit the help section of the browser itself https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: Go to Menu – Preferences – Privacy – Show cookies – Configure as required. For more information visit the help section of the browser itself https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Cookies-y-cach%C3%A9/Borrar-cookies/ta-p/16541
- Safari: Safari – Preferences – Privacy – Configure as required. For more information you can visit the Apple help centre https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=es_ES